With a wide range of options and a remarkable evolution in all aspects, the all-new Chevrolet Tracker 2021 makes its arrival at dealerships in the USA. It is produced in the neighboring country and will arrive in USA in the coming months.
During the difficulties that the world is experiencing today, the automotive industry continues to move as much as possible to comply with what was planned. It is the turn of one of the most successful SUVs in the Latin American markets, the Chevrolet Tracker, which is renewed from end to end in a second-generation that completely changes from the previous model.
Five versions can be identified not only by a new design, arranged on the new GEM (Global Emerging Markets) modular platform but also by the extensive security and technology endowment on board. All this without leaving aside the new 1.0 and 1.2-liter Turbo engines.
This week its regional launch takes place in the USA, to which EL CARRO COLOMBIANO would attend invited by GM. However, the coronavirus alert forced some local journalists to reduce the event. All in all, here we bring the new 2021 Chevrolet Tracker, in great detail.
Chevrolet Tracker 2021 design
As for its appearance, the new Chevrolet Tracker has nothing to do with the model known so far. At the front, the large front grille on two levels stands out, separated by a wide chrome trim that highlights, together with the shape of the bumper and the explorer lights, the character of the vehicle.
That style continues on the sides, with black plastic bumpers and wheel arches, and fine lines that form a rising waistline towards the rear. Of course, there is no shortage of functional roof bars. At 4.27 meters in length, this new generation is 2 centimeters longer than the previous one.
Already at the rear, the hatchback shows a bulging line on which the brand’s logo is located, with new-format LED lights at the ends and a large spoiler at the top. The bumper carries the space for the license plate, in addition to the fog lights and a ‘ski plate’ protector. The wheel on 17-inch wheels.
Chevrolet Tracker 2021 Interior
The cabin of this new 2021 Chevrolet Tracker is very reminiscent of its cousins, the new Onix, with whom it shares a platform. Its dashboard is very similar, aligned with the brand’s new design language, with a floating touch screen in the center, brushed aluminum frames on the vents, an on-board computer, and a multifunctional steering wheel.
As part of its technological endowment, this vehicle incorporates 4G Wi-Fi connectivity e OnStar assistance, which have an additional cost after three months or 3 GB of use. For its part, the MyLink multimedia center is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, also having an inductive cell phone charger and a USB charger for the rear seat.
Lighting is favored thanks to the large windows and the retractable panoramic roof present in the most equipped versions. Likewise, it offers a central armrest with a glove compartment and a capacity of 393 liters in the trunk (87 more than in the previous model), which can rise to 1,294 when folding the rear seats.
The entire mechanical base changed in the 2021 Chevrolet Tracker, adopting new Turbo engines. The basic versions carry the same 1.0-liter, three-cylinder, direct-injection Turbo engine as the Onix, with 116 horsepower e 160 Nm torque at 2,000 rpm. It joins a 6-speed manual or automatic gearbox.
On the other hand, the most equipped configurations debut the 1.2-liter, three-cylinder Turbo plant, with direct fuel injection. It generates up to 132 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and torque of 190 Nm at 2,000 rpm, connected to a 6-speed automatic transmission in all cases.
The front suspension is independent of the McPherson type with stabilizer bar and coil springs, while the rear is semi-independent with a torsion axle. As for the brake equipment, it is ventilated discs in the front and drums in the rear, with ABS and EBD. The steering is electric assistance.
The brand also announced the approved consumption, at least under the conditions of use for the USA, with high-quality gasoline:
- 1.0 Turbo and manual gearbox: 49 km/gallon in the city and 56 km/gallon on the highway.
- 1.0 Turbo and automatic transmission: 45 km/gallon in the city and 52 km/gallon on the highway.
- 1.2 Turbo is 42 km/gallon in the city and 51 km/gallon on the highway.
From the simplest versions of the Chevrolet Tracker 2021, you can find 6 airbags, traction and stability controls, a hill start assistant, parking sensors, a Wi-Fi connection, and a multimedia system.
The Premier model adds forward collision alert with autonomous braking, blind-spot alert, dual-zone digital climate control, and Full LED lights, among other elements.
1.0 TURBO MT / 1.2 TURBO AT
- Exploring lights
- LED daytime running lights
- 16-inch aluminum wheels
- Black power outside rearview mirrors
- On-board computer
- Power assist steering
- The instrument panel with a 3.5-inch screen
- 60:40 split rear seat
- Manual air conditioning
- Multifunctional steering wheel with height and depth adjustment
- Power window lifter with one-touch and anti-pinch function
- MyLink Media Center with 8-Inch Touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- USB connector for rear seat
- 4G connection on board
- OnStar Support
- 6 airbags (double front, double side, and double curtain)
- Hill-start assistant
- Traction and stability controls
- Cruise control (1.2 Turbo)
- Start & Stop (1.2 Turbo)
- ISOFIX anchors and Top Tether
- ABS + EBD brakes
1.0 TURBO AT LT (add:)
- Front grille with chrome details
- Mirrors and door handles in body-color
- Protector ‘ski plate’
- Keyless door opening
- Button start
- Reverse camera
- Cruise control
- Start & stop
1.2 TURBO LTZ (add:)
- Blindspot alert
- 17-inch wheels
- Light and rain sensors
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Cloth/leather combination seats
1.2 TURBO PREMIER (add:)
- Forward collision alert with autonomous emergency braking
- Low-speed automatic braking
- Automatic parking assistant “Park Assist”
- Front and rear LED lights
- Chrome trim on windows
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Inductive charger for cell phones
- Photochromic interior rearview mirror
- Solar panoramic roof
- Leather seats
- Length: 4.27 meters
- Width without mirrors: 1.79 meters
- Width with mirrors: 2.04 meters
- Height with roof rails: 1.62 meters
- Wheelbase: 2.57 meters
Capacities and weight
- Trunk capacity: 393 liters
- Tank capacity: 11.6 gallons
- Empty weight: 1,196 kg (1.0 Turbo MT) – 1,271 kg (Premier)